Saturday, April 25, 2009

Not likely to re-do.

I have often heard people comment about how they would love to shift back the clocks of time and re-enter the high school years. Hmmm to be 16 again has it's many apealing qualities indeed, youth, energy, looks, all those things we wish we could of held on to much longer. For me I would have traded anything to just skip through those awkward teen years. I hated high school and I have no desire to return there. EVER. I remember the delecate balance your friendships teetered on. You could come home with a new friend one day and have none the next. Teenagers are cruel little people sometimes. Judgment on your shoe brand or the way you wore your that day could make the difference of whether one could be your friend that day. (I will never forget Jamie, the girl who said my pony tail was too high, I disliked her greatly, and I still hold a slight grudge)
And then there were boys. Don't get me wrong, I liked the boys, but it was crappy trying to be someone you thought they would like, only to find out they are more interested in the other girl who is being fake. (fake people suck)
Having a teenage niece now is bittersweet when I hear some of her tales from High School. From an obsessive ex-boyfriend to friends who have the emotional capacity to only keep one friend at a time.
I do remember good things about High School for sure though. But even so I have no desire to repeat it. I would however return to age 20 in a heartbeat! A time when I finally realized who I was and the fact that I didn't have to be anything else to please other people.
But if it came right down to it, I think I would choose to stay right where I am. To be a wife and mom is the best time of my lifetime and no offer to hit rewind would ever appeal to me. Unless of course it only applied to my physical apearance. ( people do that all the time, right.) so then I could be a hot 20 year old Wife and Mom. SCORE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know you can be just as hot now as you were when you were 20. Just go get a pedicure, clean out your car, and resolve to wear your makeup on Monday. You know its true.