Friday, May 15, 2009

You know you are distracted when...

Being the awesome Aunt that I am I decided to make some treats to feed to my nephews crew that will be helping him with his Eagle Project this weekend. I have been slaving over it all morning. My house is as hot as the oven now and the neighbors are catching the cookie scented air wafting towards their homes.

Halfway through my baking frenzy I tried to decide how I should package up all these lovely little goodies. I suddenly remembered the cute cake boxes they have at Hobby Lobby. ( I have been wanting to purchase a few since the first day I laid eyes on them. Yes, they are only card board, but they are white and crisp and they were screaming for me to complete a project that would fill them) Today was that day.

So I quickly stuffed the remaining cookie dough in the fridge, packed up all three kids into the one million degree car and headed over to my favorite store.
We all managed to get ourselves out after withstanding the severe heat for a whole mile in the car. As we walked through the front doors you were greeted with most wonderful and coolest rushes of Conditioned Air. It was blissful.

I asked Zach to retrieve a shopping cart and I proceeded to argue with Sterling about why he had to get in the cart. We wrestled a few minutes in the front of the store, going from the designated kids seat to the back of the cart a few times before he decided where he would finally rest. As you can imagine I am lifting him back and forth and struggling to get him to actually sit down.
After everyone was securely strapped in and seating arrangements were agreed upon we walked on in.

As I walked I notice my pants were kind of riding down in the back. (come on ladies we all know we have the same problem) So I proceeded to make the necessary adjustments, only to realize my waist band seemed abnormally loose. "Argh! I hate these pants" I say to myself. They are a pair of Jeans I don't normally wear and I was beginning to realize why, they kept falling off my waist. Upon trying to hike them up for the second time and wondering why the heck they felt so loose all of the sudden, I slid my hand to the front of my waist band to discover...... Wait for it.......
My pants were completely UNBUTTONED AND TOTALLY UNZIPPED!!!!
HOLY CRAP! How could I have missed that?
I did a quick look around, fixed the situation, and then did a scan of who may have seen a little more of me then they had wanted while I was messing around with Sterling.
We went straight to the back, picked up what I went for, paid and left quickly.

See what an awesome Aunt I am. I go the extra mile, Barn door open and all!

No comments: