Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Letters to Brazil: Day 1

*My sister and her family are visiting her husbands side of the family in Brazil this holiday season. My sister and I talk on the phone several times a day. It is expenisve to call Brazil so frequently as you can imagine. So for 15 days I will be writing her letters and I will be emailing her and posting them here.
Her and her family living in Las Cruces is bad enough! Having them on a completely different continent gives me anxiety!


However I will Press on for the next 15 days, through frequent emails and a lot of talking to myself.



Letters to Brazil: Day 1
"I am the giver of Super Adorable, Crafty, Things and Nothing Else"



 I realized at 10:30pm last night that today would be Sterling's last day of preschool until January. He is having a little christmas party in his class today complete with a visit from Santa. It dawns on me that I completely forgot to come up with a super adorable teachers gift for Miss. Jena! How could I have forgotten?!! Now you know me, I can't walk in with a simple pre-packaged holiday tin full of hot chocolate with a plastic bow taped to the top! It has to be a handmade treasure! A craft that will leave the other mothers ooohing and awing at my creative genius for weeks to come!


But what?!


It's 10:30 at night! I'm in my pajama's!

I quickly assess what I have on hand. I have done tons of christmas shopping in the last few weeks, surely I have bought something meaningful and uber cute to gift the preschool teacher with.


Ideas that ran through my head:

1. I could sew up the cute scarf I saw on a blog tutorial. (but we live in AZ. Does she like Scarves, I have supplies for only one scarf and I really want it for myself)

2. I could whip up a batch of honey butter and rolls. (but then I will have to make a whole batch of honey butter and I need those supplies for saturday so it will be fresh for family gift giving)

3. I could make a cute scrapbook of all the little kids in her class and have each child contribute a little picture they've drawn. (um hello! It's 10:30pm. the night before. DUH!)

4. I could make one of those super cute aprons! (again it's 10:30 and the fabric store is closed)

5. I made a set of really cute countdown blocks and had given them away all but one set. (but I wanted to keep that for myself as well. I know I'm selfish that way)



I had a hard time coming up with something that was just going to take a young preschool teachers breath away.

So I pulled out a bottle of Bath and Body works hand soap and some tile coasters I had left over from the Bridal shower I did back in March. Two random objects with nothing in common. STELLAR!

I wrapped them in various bits of ribbon and raffia this morning, slapped a tag on 'em and called it good.

So much for my breath takingly, Super Adorable, crafty gift. Oh well maybe his teacher next year will have better luck!



Hope your forgotten gift giving goes better than mine so far!



Love, Your Not so Super Adorable Craft giving Sister.

No comments: