"Grandma Got Run Over On The Freeway"
Dear Sister,
I am hoping you guys are well and staying cool down in the land of the amazon! I miss our daily phone calls and praying you never do this to me again, but again I'm hoping you are having a wonderful time.... while I suffer.
On Thursday I attended Sterling's school Christmas party, complete with a super real Santa and all! (seriously if someone told me he was real at that very moment, I would believe without a doubt in my mind)Afterwards I headed back to work, first stopping by the house to use the potty! I had to GO!
Everything was normal. Just a casual drive back to the office. I got on the Freeway headed west and just cruised along.
About 2 miles into my drive on the freeway, I started to notice bits and pieces of what appeared to be wood.
Uh oh some one lost something else on the freeway. (not uncommon)
Today it was a rocking chair. It was a golden oak, very nicely made, now just broken into pieces. I felt sad for whoever lost their sweet chair. It happens I guess.
A bit further down the road I noticed yet another item in the road. A pretty purple Afghan, all wadded up in a ball being pushed around by the wind from the passing vehicles. It must have been with the rocking chair when it came out of the back of some poor unsuspecting movers truck. If it were my rocking Chair I would be heart broken! Then it occurred to me how odd it was that the only two pieces they lost were an Afghan and the rocking chair together. Then the thought struck me!
"Oh DEAR! I hope they didn't lose GRANDMA too!"
Love, your Sister, who is deeply concerned about someone Else's Grandma
Tomorrows Topic: "A Good Old fashion Groping at the Company Christmas Party" (it may or may not be as bad as it sounds!)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*My sister and her family are visiting her husbands side of the family in Brazil this holiday season. My sister and I talk on the phone several times a day. It is expensive to call Brazil so frequently as you can imagine. So for 15 days I will be writing her letters and I will be emailing her and posting them here.
Her and her family living in Las Cruces is bad enough! Having them on a completely different continent gives me anxiety!
However I will Press on for the next 15 days, through frequent emails and a lot of talking to myself.



No comments:
Post a Comment